Recipe: One week meal prep — Chicken and spaghetti squash

By in Sheaf Eats

Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

1-2 spaghetti squash(es)

1 tray of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 2 lb.)

1 clove garlic, or more if you prefer

1 tbsp. brown sugar

Seasoning salt

Optional:

Thai chili peppers

Mini potatoes

First, prep your spaghetti squash by chopping it into quarters and placing it onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Have your oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, set the squash in, and set a timer for 30 minutes.

Next, start prepping your chicken by oiling each breast thoroughly. Using a garlic press, or a knife and your own sheer strength of will, mince some garlic according to taste, and spread it onto the chicken along with some seasoning salt and brown sugar. Brown sugar as a rub will keep your chicken from getting dry — I swear it works.

If you’re feeling spicy, chop up some chili peppers, to taste, and spread them across the chicken as well — just know that some ambient flavours will likely spread to your squash — which can be a fun way to change things up.

Once your timer goes off, it’s time to put the chicken in to cook with the squash. If you want, you can also put in mini potatoes for some extra carbs. Leave the chicken in for 15 minutes. Flip and repeat before checking to make sure your chicken is done — each piece should be white throughout. The squash and chicken should finish cooking at the same time.

Jack Thompson / Sports & Health Editor

Graphic: Jaymie Stachyruk / Graphics Editor

Tags:

Latest from Sheaf Eats