Protective Services Briefs – week of March 8/18

By in Briefs

Fire extinguisher:
Click to expand

On Jan. 22, Protective Services was notified that persons unknown had sprayed a fire extinguisher in the courtyard between the Arts Building and the Law Building. Protective Services officers are investigating the incident.

Mischief in Agriculture Atrium, part 1:
Click to expand

On Jan. 27, an individual pulled out a potted poinsettia and an aloe plant from the garden display in the atrium of the Agriculture Building. The U of S Grounds Department was able to save the plants and put them back into the display. No individuals have been identified, as of yet.

Disturbing flyers:
Click to expand

An individual has been suspected of spreading disturbing literature on campus. Protective Services was alerted by a staff member that this individual was spreading disturbing flyers again on Jan. 29. Protective Services is thankful for the assistance of the staff member, as this individual has been handing out flyers on campus sporadically for a long time.

Stolen AirPods:
Click to expand

On Feb. 6, a caller reported to Protective Services that his pair of Apple AirPods were missing after he left them in a charging station in the Edwards School of Business. The individual in possession of the stolen item was identified, and the item was returned to the owner.

Mischief in Agriculture Atrium, part 2:
Click to expand

On Feb. 11, persons unknown pulled out potted plants from the garden display in the atrium of the Agriculture Building. This is the second occurrence within two weeks. Protective Services encourages anyone with information to contact them at 306-955-5555.

Suspicious person:
Click to expand

An individual known to Protective Services was reported in the Murray Library on Feb. 11. The male subject frequently enters the library and circles each floor in search of insecure items. He has stolen a laptop from the library in the past. Protective Services encourages anyone who encounters this individual on campus to contact them at 306-955-5555.

Attempted theft:
Click to expand

Protective Services responded to two suspicious individuals inside Place Riel while the building was locked on Feb. 14. Surveillance footage identified both individuals attempting to steal items from the Mac’s Convenience Store through the security gate. An officer arrested both persons and transferred them to the custody of the Saskatoon Police Service.

Bike compound compromised:
Click to expand

On Feb. 14, a bike compound on campus was damaged when persons unknown cut the chain link to steal a bicycle within. Protective Services asks anyone who sees suspicious individuals near the bike racks or compounds to report it to them at 306-955-5555, especially if they appear to be carrying tools to aid in their theft.

Sharps pickup:
Click to expand

On Feb. 16, Protective Services officers were called to Arts Room 20 to seize a needle that had been left in the room. A trained officer seized the needle and placed it in a sharps container for destruction. Although there was no evidence the needle was used for narcotics, Protective Services asks that all individuals take precautions when confronted with needles or other sharp objects.

*Briefs provided by Protective Services.

Tags:

Latest from Briefs