Protective Services Briefs – week of Feb 1/18

By in Briefs

Shoplifting in Place Riel:
Click to expand

A male subject was caught stealing from the Mac’s Convenience Store in Lower Place Riel on Dec. 12. The theft was verified by surveillance footage, and all information was relayed to the Saskatoon Police Service for action.

Stolen vehicle:
Click to expand

On Dec. 13, members of Protective Services were surprised to witness a vehicle leaving Aird Street and Cumberland Avenue South at high speed. The vehicle accelerated toward College Drive, where it drove on the grass by the Stadium Parkade and then left, westbound on the wrong side of the road. Officers called off their pursuit and contacted the Saskatoon Police Service, who stated they had been tracking the vehicle all night, as it had been stolen. No one on campus was injured.

Power breakers shut off:
Click to expand

Sometime on Dec. 16, two males were suspected of shutting off all of the breakers near Moose Lounge in Saskatchewan Hall. Although images of the suspects were caught on surveillance footage, anyone with information should contact Protective Services.

Possession of stolen property:
Click to expand

On Jan. 9, officers stopped a suspicious individual on a bicycle near the Saskatoon Cancer Centre. Upon inspection, it was discovered that the individual was in possession of a stolen bicycle and was wanted for warrants with the police. The bicycle was seized by Protective Services and returned to its owner.

Broken ceiling tile:
Click to expand

Residence custodians reported on Jan. 14 that a ceiling tile had been purposefully broken on the second floor of Saskatchewan Hall. Anyone with information regarding this damage should contact Protective Services or Residence Services.

Laptop theft:
Click to expand

Two laptops were stolen from Arts Room 48 on the evening of Jan. 23. Both laptops were detached forcibly from their security cables, which would have resulted in damage to the body and casing of each laptop. Both are described as black Lenovo T440p laptops. Anyone with information is advised to contact Protective Services.

Broken door glass:
Click to expand

Officers were dispatched to Pine Hall to investigate damage to the front doors of the building on Jan. 27. Surveillance cameras in the area identified a male subject, who had kicked the door several times, causing it to break. Upon arrival, officers were able to identify the individual, who had sustained injuries as a result of the related mischief.

Vehicle hits fire hydrant:
Click to expand

Protective Services received a call regarding a vehicle that was stuck near Veterinary Road on Jan. 28. A tow truck was contacted to assist with the removal of the vehicle. It was then discovered that the vehicle was caught on the remains of a fire hydrant, which had been sheared off during the collision. The U of S Grounds Department was able to isolate the hydrant, so the vehicle could be removed without concern.

*Briefs provided by Protective Services.

Tags:

Latest from Briefs