Protective Services Briefs – week of Jan 4/18

By in Briefs

Impaired driving:
Click to expand

On Nov. 29, officers observed a vehicle driving on campus in a way that suggested impairment. Officers stopped the vehicle and asked the driver to provide a breath sample for testing in a roadside screening device. The results of the test indicated intoxication, and the individual was issued a 72-hour driving suspension.

Theft from Thorvaldson:
Click to expand

On Dec. 3, a break-and-enter took place in the 200 area of the Thorvaldson Building. A small assortment of video game consoles and accessories were stolen. Anyone with information is asked to call Protective Services at 306-966-5555.

Banned from residence:
Click to expand

On Dec. 4, a campus resident contacted Protective Services to report a woman, who had been banned from the building, washing clothes in the laundry room. Officers were dispatched, they confirmed the identity of the individual as someone banned from residence, and they asked her to leave.

Backpack found:
Click to expand

Protective Services received a phone call from a concerned student who believed their backpack was stolen from the Health Sciences Building on Dec. 5. A search of the surveillance footage was performed, and the caller was told that they did not appear to have a backpack with them upon arrival to the building, which reminded them to check in another location where the backpack was found.

Possible Snapchat misconduct:
Click to expand

On Dec. 6, Protective Services received a report from a female student who believed that a pair of male students were taking unwanted Snapchat photos of her during class. The caller confirmed that no lewd photos had been taken, and Protective Services has spoken to the individuals involved, as this type of behaviour could be considered a breach of the nonacademic code of student conduct.

Injection needle found:
Click to expand

A used injection needle was found in one of the men’s washrooms in the Education Building on Dec. 6. Although there was no evidence to suggest the needle was used for an illicit purpose, officers cordoned off the space until the needle could be collected and properly disposed of.

*Briefs provided by Protective Services.

Tags:

Latest from Briefs