BRIEF: Summer U-Pass a possibility if enough demand found

By in News
Avoid taking photos like these while your subject is in motion.
The University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union is investigating student interest in the implementation of a summer U-Pass program, similar to the universal bus pass available to undergraduates during the fall and spring sessions.

The idea, spearheaded by vice-president operations and finance Reid Nystuen, would give undergraduates who register for summer courses a cheaper option to use public transit from May 1 to Aug. 30.

Currently, the Term 1 pass is available from Sept. 1 to Dec. 31, and the Term 2 pass is available from Jan. 1 to April 30. Students who choose to use the pass must activate their student cards at the start of each semester.

According to the USSU website, undergraduates are charged $71.83 per term for the U-Pass, regardless of whether they activate it or not. Students who live on campus or outside Saskatoon city limits, who hold a disability parking pass for the U of S or who are enrolled exclusively in distance education courses can apply for an exemption.

In 2008, U of S undergraduates voted 80 per cent in favor of making the U-Pass program permanent.

File Photo

• Appreciating the persistence you put into your site and interesting insight you provide here. It’s very good to come across a blog in a rare occasion that is not all the same outdated rehashed information. Wonderful work! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your site link to my Google account today. Even more, I admire your site so much that I want to advertise my own site http://www.emt.co.il on yours. Please email me at: everythingrainbowhk (AT) gmail.com quoting your annual advertising rates. Much appreciated!

• T for Short

Great idea. How might U of S students express their support for this? It’d be nice for a shortcut linked inserted for those who want to make their demand known, if that is the only way we can get the U-Pass for the summer

Latest from News