Valentine’s Day can put a lot of pressure on those in a relationship — especially when it comes to creating the perfect night. But having a sexy playlist ready to go makes the evening flow smoothly! These 11 songs will surely make a great addition to any V-Day playlist to help you seduce your sweetheart.
To light the fire in your partner’s heart, it’s always good to start the night with something fun — a flirtatious retro song will definitely set the mood.
1. “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye: Like the title says, this classic tune will let you and your partner know that it’s time to get it on. Light some candles, lay out some rose petals, get into that sexy lingerie and get ready to get dirty.
2. “You Sexy Thing” by Hot Chocolate: This song is a little funkier and a little more lighthearted, but is a perfect interlude to more intense and provocative songs.
Now that you and your partner are both giving off those sexy vibes, it’s time to get into it! A song from your favourite romantic movie is always a good way to go, so these movie soundtrack songs will help keep things steamy.
3. “Colorblind” by Counting Crows: If the previous song was speeding things up, this song will slow things right back down. From the film Cruel Intentions, the intense piano melody and tentative vocals in this song force you to stop, appreciate your gorgeous partner and give them the romance that they deserve.
4. “Unchained Melody” by Righteous Brothers: From the film Ghost, no one can hear this song without thinking about that memorable scene between Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore — and who can blame them. Capture a bit of that magic with this slow and steady song. If it can be that hot on screen, it will be even hotter in your bedroom.
5. “Earned It” by The Weekend: Turn up the heat! From the film Fifty Shades of Grey, this song is more modern and more explicitly sexy, allowing you to channel your inner Anastasia and Christian.
Now that things are really heating up, you can’t risk having an old Justin Bieber song pop up on shuffle to ruin the mood. The next six songs will end your sensual and seductive night with a bang.
6. “Waiting Game” by Banks: Keep things moving with the deep bass beats and sensual vocals in this song. It’s not too fast, not too slow, but just perfect to keep the evening on track.
7. “Skin” by Rihanna: It’s impossible to leave Rihanna out of this playlist — she makes some of the sexiest music on the scene right now. Any Rihanna song will make a great addition to your V-Day playlist, but the explicit lyrics in “Skin” will get you both turned on to the max.
8. “Rocket” by Beyoncé: Of course the only person who can follow Rihanna is Queen Bey. Again, almost any Beyoncé song will work for your perfect night, but this song slows things down a little from the previous song, which can make your night last just a little longer.
9. “Bad Intentions” by Niykee Heaton: By now you’re probably finishing up, so you need some songs that can carry you over the finish line and keep playing as you lay in bed cuddling. “Bad Intentions” is perfect for both.
10. “We Can Make Love” by SoMo: The fluid beats and melody in this song combined with the explicit lyrics make it perfect to bring you through to the post-sex cuddling portion of your night.
11. “I’ll Make Love to You” by Boyz II Men: We started this playlist with a retro tune and that’s how we’ll finish it. This slow, romantic song is the perfect conclusion to your night. After dinner and the all-too-anticipated sex, this is a great time to tell your partner how much you love them, or that you’re ready for round two. If so, just hit repeat!
Graphic: Lesia Karalash / Graphics Editor