Sugar & Spice advice column: January 14, 2016 Edition

By in Distractions

Q: I really want to get healthy this year and eat some good food, but I’m addicted to eating chips and especially Code Red Mountain Dew to wash it all down. Help me! — Marco

Sugar: Dieting is tough but it’s super rewarding! Whenever I’m getting tempted to break paleo, I always keep in mind — a moment on the lips, forever on the hips. Just remember that 90 per cent of a healthy mind is a healthy body.

Spice: Sounds like a party in your mouth. Why would you want to change that?

Q: I love me some drinks on the weekend, but I know this isn’t super good for me. What are some ways that I can stop drinking so much? — Carolina

Sugar: If it’s hard for you to pass up a drink at bars or restaurants, divert your weekend enjoyment to different activities! If you isolate yourself from alcohol, then consuming drinks won’t be a problem. If you are finding that you need that drink to enjoy your weekend, however, you may want to take a step back and re-evaluate your choices.

Spice: Personally, the second liver transplant was a real eye opener. But if that’s too much commitment for you, I hear that angel dust is really coming down in price these days.

If you want your question answered in an issue of the Sheaf just click here

Latest from Distractions

boygenius by boygenius

Melancholic and soft, this debut release from songwriters Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers