Letter from the Editor: Changes to the Sheaf’s operations

By in News

Amid rising concerns about COVID-19, the University of Saskatchewan announced this weekend that students, staff and faculty are encouraged to work from home as much as possible during these upcoming weeks. The Sheaf will also be shifting its operations to remote work.

As all in-person classes transition to online delivery, it has opened up the opportunity to utilize thesheaf.com to its full extent. For the remaining three weeks of our production schedule, there will be no printed newspapers. Instead, an electronic PDF will be accessible on our website and stories will be regularly published online for the remainder of the Winter Term.

This change will allow us to provide accurate, updated information to undergraduate students during a critical time.

We acknowledge the importance of social distancing protocols and the importance of quarantine measures so we have also closed our office on campus for the time being. Even with our headquarters temporarily closed, all operations are still ongoing and staff can be reached by email.

It is a privilege to produce a printed newspaper each week. We look forward to the next time we are able to do so.

Nykole King
Editor-in-Chief
editor@thesheaf.com

Latest from News