Sugar & Spice advice column: October 1, 2015 edition

By in Distractions

Q: I hate talking to people from high school that I don’t like on the bus ride home. How can I avoid talking to them and avoid interacting? — Justine

Sugar: You must have been so sweet during high school that old classmates still want to be your friend! You should be flattered that these old acquaintances want to keep up with your interesting life and want to keep in touch! If interacting on the bus is really putting you in a slump, put in your earphones and don’t make eye contact.   

Spice: You’re the one who thought it was a good idea to go to a public high school. If you ask me, you dug this grave for yourself.

Q: I  have a huge crush on my professor! What can I do? Should I make a move on him? — Madeline

Sugar: Do you see potential in this relationship lasting outside of the classroom? Do you have other things in common besides the class subject you’re discussing? I would say to keep your relationship with your professor strictly professional but if you think it is meant to be, love has no bounds, nor any age.

Spice: Sounds like you need a little extra credit. Invite him over for a little one-on-one tutor session and ensure that you get the right kind of D this term.

If you want your question answered in an issue of the Sheaf just click here

Latest from Distractions

boygenius by boygenius

Melancholic and soft, this debut release from songwriters Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers