The comment section is a place for free discussion on our articles. However, we do have a few guidelines. The Sheaf is a university paper run by student journalists and volunteers who are given the opportunity to get experience with many different types of journalistic writing, which is something we wish to encourage in a positive academic environment.
As such, the following policy applies to all comments posted on thesheaf.com and on our social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
- We will remove comments that are clearly off-topic.
- We will remove comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, racist, threatening or harassing content, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- We will remove spam and content that promotes services or products, or that involves political campaigning or lobbying.
- In order to protect privacy, we may remove content that contains personal information — whether your own or someone else’s — including home addresses, home or cell phone numbers and personal email addresses.
- Gratuitous links to sites and repeat submissions of the same or very similar contributions are viewed as spam and may result in the content being removed.
Users who do not comply with this policy may be blocked from further use of the comment systems.