The Saskatchewan NDP will host public events in Regina and Saskatoon for the televised state funeral of Jack Layton, Saturday Aug. 27.
Tag Archives | news brief
A new poll by Angus Reid shows that Saskatchewan premier Brad Wall is still the most popular provincial leader in the country, with an approval rating of 59 per cent.
Health Canada is again warning Canadians about “Brazilian blowout” hair smoothing products. The agency has heard complaints of burning eyes, nose, and throat, breathing difficulties and even hair loss.
The Canadian Media Research Consortium has released a new study that shows Canadians value their Internet connections over other media.
A controversial video game called School Shooter: North American Tour 2012 allows players to kill innocent students, teachers and staff members.
According to end of year reports, Subway has replaced McDonald’s as the largest fast food chain worldwide.
Edwards School Of Business students placed second overall in events and third in academics at this years Jeux de Commerce (JDC) West Business Competition.
As protestors continued to swarm the streets of Cairo in celebration of the resignation of Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, Egyptian-Canadians in Saskatoon also celebrated ”” just a little more casually.
University of Saskatchewan engineering students took second place in two events at the Western Engineering Competition Jan. 26 to 29.
Scientists at New Mexico State University Chili Pepper Institute have created the perfect pepper for jalapeÃ±o poppers.
The University of Saskatchewan’s College of Agriculture and Bioresources is developing two programs aimed at fostering their relationship with the Aboriginal community.
The University of Saskatchewan college of agriculture received a $1 million investment Dec. 13.
The Elevator ➯
- Cultural outfits are not Halloween costumes October 30, 2013 2:00 pm
- We’ve gotta keep religion and civic events separated October 30, 2013 4:01 pm
- Stop torturous practices on U of S property November 1, 2013 7:00 pm
- The white poppy is an insult to veterans November 17, 2013 12:00 pm
- Tuition tax credits targeting wealthy students December 5, 2013 8:00 pm
- Student Council talks TransformUS with senior administrators December 5, 2013 6:00 pm
- Research journal highlights academic work December 5, 2013 4:00 pm
- City charities benefit from U of S groups December 5, 2013 2:00 pm