The Huskies men’s volleyball squad is back after travelling to the other side of the Pacific Ocean to practice among elite Japanese university teams.
Tag Archives | Japan
The pope answered questions on Italian TV, but could not explain the devastation caused by the tsunami.
The strong bonds (kizuna) of the Japanese people create great solidarity during dark times such as these. But there are concerns that these bonds of kizuna may also bind the Japanese economy, which must recover as soon as possible.
We see coal as a polluting but reasonably “safe” energy source compared to nuclear energy. Yet, in China alone, coal-mining accidents kill more than 2,000 people each year ”” and coal is a leading cause of smog, acid rain, global warming and air toxicity.
Satoshi Shibata is putting everything aside to help victims of the Japanese tsunami. The international studies student called an open community meeting on March 13 to figure out what could be done to help in the aftermath of Japan’s earthquake and tsunami.
The Elevator ➯
- Cultural outfits are not Halloween costumes October 30, 2013 2:00 pm
- We’ve gotta keep religion and civic events separated October 30, 2013 4:01 pm
- Stop torturous practices on U of S property November 1, 2013 7:00 pm
- The white poppy is an insult to veterans November 17, 2013 12:00 pm
- The self-deprecating humour conundrum December 9, 2013 4:00 pm
- “Am I pretty or ugly?” December 9, 2013 2:00 pm
- Gifts for the person who has everything December 9, 2013 12:00 pm
- TransformUS reports released, academic programs need restructuring December 9, 2013 11:08 am