Heading into the mid-season break the Huskies women’s hockey team earned two much needed wins over the Mount Royal University Cougars on Nov. 29 and 30 in Calgary, Alberta.
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
The University of Saskatchewan men’s hockey team sent the Mount Royal University Cougars home empty handed after the Dogs swept the weekend series on Nov. 29 and 30 at Rutherford Rink.
The Huskies women’s basketball team is a force to be reckoned with and has secured the top spot in Canada West.
The Huskies men’s basketball team has strengthened their record to 9-1 as part of a three-game winning streak.
The Huskies women’s basketball team has already bounced back from losing their first game of the season.
The debate surrounding potentially offensive sports team names and mascots has been raging for decades and has now taken hold in Saskatoon.
Going into the weekend series, provincial rivals the University of Saskatchewan Huskies and the University of Regina Cougars were fighting for second place in the Canada West standings.
The Huskies men’s hockey team split hosting duties with the University of Regina Cougars this week. The Dogs travelled to Regina for the game on Nov. 20, then turned around to host the Cougars on Nov. 21.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders capped off their dream season with a 45-23 dismantling of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Regina on Sunday night to capture the 2013 Grey Cup. The Riders dominated from the coin toss and turned the province into full on party mode.
The University of Alberta Pandas and the University of Calgary Dinos took home the women’s and men’s team titles respectively at the annual Huskies Open wrestling tournament on Nov. 23.
The Huskies women’s hockey team fell to 7-3-2 after failing to defeat the University of British Columbia Thunderbirds in Vancouver, B.C.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders will play for the Grey Cup in Regina this Sunday Nov. 24 following a 35-13 win over the Calgary Stampeders.
The Elevator ➯
- Cultural outfits are not Halloween costumes October 30, 2013 2:00 pm
- We’ve gotta keep religion and civic events separated October 30, 2013 4:01 pm
- Stop torturous practices on U of S property November 1, 2013 7:00 pm
- The white poppy is an insult to veterans November 17, 2013 12:00 pm
- U of S music program offers diversity for students December 7, 2013 8:00 pm
- Huskies in hot pursuit of number one ranking December 7, 2013 6:00 pm
- Give gifts with purpose, not ease December 7, 2013 4:00 pm
- Students work together on innovative film project for new class December 7, 2013 2:00 pm