The University of Saskatchewan music program is one of the most active groups on campus. With its many concerts, student organizations and events, the program offers a much needed dose of culture for slow campus days.
Archive | Culture RSS feed for this section
A new class at the University of Saskatchewan has students from a variety of backgrounds coming together on an ambitious film project titled Paper Airplanes.
Holidays are when waves of holiday records crash into the ocean of album releases, sometimes changing the tide and sometimes slipping in completely unnoticed — and 2013 is no different.
Longing for a cure for those exam panic attacks? Or perhaps just a change of scenery that doesn’t involve oppressively fluorescent library lighting or coffee-stained textbook pages? Look no further, there is a number of great holiday events to take your mind off the stress.
With a focus on experimental sound in their music, local indie band Autopilot has a strong showing on their second album Diamond Rough.
The University of Saskatchewan can be a loud place at times, but if you travel near Saint Thomas More you may hear the cheerful singing of the Newman Sounds Glee Club.
Along with the release of Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP album comes the highly publicized ARTPOP application for iOS and Android devices, a crossover trend that’s been spreading heavily in the music scene.
A brilliant cocktail of half a cup of societal commentary and half a cup of morbid humor, Better Living certainly isn’t your run-of-the-mill family dramedy.
PAVED Art Gallery’s Core series returns for its third run, combining visuals and live music in a strikingly intimate setting on Nov. 29 and 30.
For its 16th winter the Visual Arts Student Union is putting on their silent auction featuring student art, Silence!
Depicting Los Angeles nurses in a work hard, party hard way, the nursing community hasn’t exactly welcomed the show with open arms.
Released on Nov. 11, Lady Gaga’s third studio album ARTPOP had the potential to be unattractively outrageous. Instead, the record sees Gaga approaching her music from a different perspective.
The Elevator ➯
- Cultural outfits are not Halloween costumes October 30, 2013 2:00 pm
- We’ve gotta keep religion and civic events separated October 30, 2013 4:01 pm
- Stop torturous practices on U of S property November 1, 2013 7:00 pm
- The white poppy is an insult to veterans November 17, 2013 12:00 pm
- U of S music program offers diversity for students December 7, 2013 8:00 pm
- Huskies in hot pursuit of number one ranking December 7, 2013 6:00 pm
- Give gifts with purpose, not ease December 7, 2013 4:00 pm
- Students work together on innovative film project for new class December 7, 2013 2:00 pm