Sugar & Spice advice column: October 8, 2015 edition

By in Distractions

Q: I need a job but I have no work experience! Nobody will hire me so far. Should I make a fake résume or is that illegal? — Marsha

Sugar: When it comes to finding a job, it can be quite easy to make a target resume that emphasizes your skills for that specific position. Want to be a librarian? Emphasize that you work well with books. Want to be a bartender? Mention that you come from a family of alcoholics so you’re used to dealing with drunks. Evaluate your skills and you’ll be invincible!

Spice: Well, you know what they say — it’s not illegal unless you get caught.

Q: I’ve noticed an increasing trend of people talking on their cell phones in the bathroom — especially while they’re going to the bathroom. While a person may perceive they have more privacy, I also want some privacy when I’m voiding my bladder. It’s awkward, gross and extremely inappropriate. What’s the appropriate response? Do I say something? — Leigha

Sugar: Gently tap on the stall door and ask the person on the phone to put their caller on speakerphone so you can address this situation as a group. Remember to use “I feel” sentences to ensure you don’t come off as overly aggressive.

Spice: Oh, get over it. You’re in university now. If someone hasn’t listened to you going to the bathroom, you haven’t truly lived.

If you want your question answered in an issue of the Sheaf just click here

Latest from Distractions

Back to School Bingo

Back to School Bingo Instructions: Complete one horizontal, diagonal or vertical line