TransformUS nominations are now open

By in News

VoteForUS

Nominations are now open for both TransformUS task forces. Faculty, staff and students can nominate themselves or others by filling out an online form.

The university launched the nomination process for the academic and support service task forces with an email announcement this afternoon.

According to the letter sent out today by the department of finance, individuals nominated will ultimately be selected for the task forces by top university administrators, including the president, provost and “a few leaders of University Council.” Nominations close on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12 p.m.

Today’s letter outlined that the university is looking for nominees that meet some or all of the following characteristics:

• Familiar with the university’s mission.
  • Can think critically, problem-solve and is open to other points of view.
  • Credibility with peers, which should be shown by leadership experience.
  • Demonstrated success when working on teams.
  • Known for getting things done and meeting commitments.
  • Previous experience on at least one university-wide committee or a demonstrated commitment to the university.

If you think that you or someone you know meets these requirements, head over to the official nomination page and fill out the form. You’ll have to log in with your NSID to see the page.

A reminder above the form notes that potential task force members must be able to commit two to four hours of committee work every two weeks, plus preparation time.

The task forces will begin meeting in March.

Today’s letter opening the nomination process

Tags:

Latest from News